Important places to notify with change of address
You have so many details you’re dealing with right now, and forgetting to change your address could have some challenging results, like not receiving forwarded mail or being able to vote in an upcoming election.
Here are some reminders of places to notify of your address change:
- Driver’s License (required within 10 days!) Oklahoma Dept of Public Safety
If you want a new card, you must visit in person: search Oklahoma Tag Agents
- Post Office Official USPS Change of Address
- Voter Registration OK Voter Portal Access
PLEASE don’t forget this one! Not getting to vote is a terrible misstep that keeps your voice from being heard, missing out on choosing our leaders and not engaging on the issues we care about.
If you’re moving to another county in Oklahoma, you must use the form below.
Oklahoma Voter Registration Application (fillable form!)
- Credit Cards
- 401K and Retirement Funds
- Investment Accounts, Financial Advisor
- Cell Phone Provider
- Doctor, Dentist, Specialists
- Auto Insurance (ask for an updated quote!)
- Life Insurance
- Child’s School (coaches, tutors, carpool)
- Alumni Association
- Professional Organizations
- Friends, Family, Colleagues
- Magazines, Newspapers, Catalogs
- Loyalty Programs, Points Clubs, Frequent Flyer Programs and Reward Cards (hotels, airlines, drug store, etc.)
- Landscaping Service
Below is a PDF list you can download and print if that works better for you:Download Checklist
I hope this list helps put everything into one place for you. If you think of something I’ve missed that belongs here, let me know! Either post a comment below, call/text (405) 585-6580, or email Steve@SoldonShawnee.com.