Here is a list of utilities and other contacts you need when moving to or within the Shawnee area.
These other resources may be of value to you:
- OG&E (Oklahoma Gas & Electric)
- Canadian Valley Electric Cooperative
(405) 273-4680 • (405) 382-3680
Transfer Fee: $25.00
Membership fee: $5.00
A Canadian Valley Electric consumer may be required to post a security deposit calculated at one-sixth of the annual billing, which is equal to two months of bills. This deposit will automatically be refunded with accrued interest after a one-year anniversary date of the account showing no more than two late payments within that 12-month period. The deposit may be waived if you furnish a letter of credit from your current electric provider.
- Central Disposal (City of Shawnee)
(405) 275-0900 • (405) 275-5854 (transfer station)
96-gal polycart $30/mo (2nd cart $11/mo)
- Carl’s Sanitation (rural service)
- AT&T • 800-246-8464
- Vyve Broadband • 855-590-8983
- Cox Business • Scott Stewart • (405) 601-3819 • (405) 520-1033 cell
- ONG (Oklahoma Natural Gas)
(405) 878-6250 • 800-664-5463
OklahomaNaturalGas.com All online: click the button “I want to…” then “Start, stop or transfer service”
- Dogs: “Section 1: Chapter 5, Article III – Dogs, Section 5-86, “Maximum number” is amended, and fully replaced with the following language: It shall be unlawful for any premise or lot in the city to have in their possession or under their control more than two dogs over the age of four months. However, a premise or lot may have in possession three dogs over the age of four months, if all three dogs are altered in accordance with this chapter.
- Cats: Section 2: Chapter 5, Article IV – Cats, Section 5-224, “Maximum number” is amended, and fully replaced with the following language: It shall be unlawful for any premise or lot in the city to have in possession or under control more than three unaltered cats over the age of four months. However, a premise or lot may have under control six felines, all of which are altered as provided by article V of this chapter.”
- If you have additional questions, you may contact Animal Welfare at (405) 878-1531