This “hard” lemonade may be our refreshing new summer cocktail
Seems we’re always on the lookout for cool, new and delicious cocktails, and Sharon just found a fancy lemonade—called the Ginnie Meyer. And of course we’ve cut down on the sugar with a couple substitutes in our recipe.
So here’s what went in to it (makes two drinks):
- Juice from 1 good-sized lemon (recipe calls for a Meyer lemon, hence the drink’s name)
- 1 ounce simple syrup (we make ours with Splenda and keep a bottle of it on hand)
- 4 ounces Hendrick’s gin
- Shake everything in a shaker filled with ice and then strain into glasses with a giant ice cube
- Top off with ginger beer (in our case, Gosling’s diet ginger beer)
- Garnish with a piece of candied ginger. Next time I think a sprig of mint is called for.
These were perfect for a relaxing evening out on the deck tonight. I see us enjoying one from time to time this summer! Let us know if you try the recipe and how you like it. You could totally make a pitcher of it for a party 🙂