Shawnee’s strategic advantage: close to Tinker AFB and major highways
Are you in search of a place to call home that offers a convenient, accessible location in Oklahoma? You’ve found it in Shawnee, OK! Nestled in the heart of the Sooner State, Shawnee combines the best of both worlds, providing a peaceful suburban atmosphere while being just a stone’s throw away from major landmarks and metropolitan hubs. In this blog post, we’ll delve into some of the reasons why Shawnee is the ideal place to live, work, and enjoy life to the fullest.
Shawnee’s Proximity to Key Locations
One of the standout features of Shawnee is its strategic location. Conveniently situated on I-40, our charming city has easy access to several significant destinations:
- Tinker Air Force Base: A mere 22-minute commute will get you to Tinker Air Force Base, ensuring that those serving in the armed forces or working in civilian roles on base can spend more time at home with their loved ones.
- Downtown OKC: Need to head to the heart of Oklahoma City? Shawnee is just 35 minutes away from Downtown OKC, making it a great option for professionals or those who enjoy the city’s vibrant offerings.
- I-35: Traveling north or south? Shawnee’s location provides a quick 41-minute drive to I-35, a vital route connecting you to various parts of the state or the Dallas Metroplex.
- Will Rogers World Airport: Frequent flyers will appreciate the short 45-minute drive to Will Rogers World Airport. It’s easy to catch flights to destinations near and far.
Upcoming Infrastructure Projects
Shawnee is not resting on its laurels when it comes to improving connectivity. The city is all set to benefit from two significant infrastructure projects that will enhance accessibility:
- I-40 Widening: A six-lane widening project on I-40 is currently underway, aiming to improve connections between Shawnee and Oklahoma City. This expansion will not only reduce travel times but also make your commute smoother and more enjoyable. The first phase went from the I-240 split to east of the Kickapoo Turnpike, and the next phase will extend to US 177 just west of Shawnee.
- Kickapoo Turnpike Connection: While the north branch of the Kickapoo Turnpike connection from I-40 to I-44 is complete, the next phase is part of a 15-year plan to complete the Oklahoma City Outer Loop and relieve I-35 congestion. It will expand the mobility of the southeast Oklahoma City metro by providing greater access to local communities like Shawnee and serve as a vital corridor for the transportation network of central Oklahoma by providing an alternate route to I-35 for traffic between southern, eastern and northeastern parts of the state. This massive project affords Shawnee even greater access throughout our vibrant region.
Thriving Population and Accessible Services
With approximately 32,000 full-time residents in Shawnee and 79,436 residents in Pottawatomie County, the area provides a tight-knit, welcoming community. The best part is that Shawnee isn’t isolated. In fact, more than 400,000 people live, work, and shop within a 30-minute drive from the city. This means you’ll always have access to the services and resources you need.
Furthermore, while Shawnee is part of the Oklahoma City Metro area, it stands as a regional center in its own right, offering a plethora of services and benefits to both its residents and visitors. From excellent healthcare facilities to educational institutions and cultural attractions, you’ll find everything you need right in our backyard.
Shawnee, OK, presents the perfect blend of suburban tranquility and urban accessibility. Its strategic location, coupled with the ongoing infrastructure improvements, ensures that you can enjoy the best of both worlds. So, if you’re considering relocating or finding your dream home, Shawnee is undoubtedly worth exploring.
The Real Estate Landscape in Shawnee
Now that we’ve covered Shawnee’s incredible location and accessibility, let’s turn our attention to the real estate market. Shawnee offers a wide range of housing options, and the best part is that it’s often more affordable than the inner Oklahoma City Metro area. Whether you’re looking for a cozy family home, a modern apartment, or a spacious piece of land to build your dream house, Shawnee has it all.
Home Prices in Shawnee
Shawnee’s real estate market is known for its affordability. Home prices in Shawnee are on average, 22% less than properties in the Oklahoma City Metro. This makes it an attractive option for first-time homebuyers, young families, and anyone looking to invest in property without exhausting their spending power.
Shawnee proudly showcases a strong sense of community. It’s a place where we are intentional about building a network of neighbors who know each other’s names, and where local businesses thrive. This community-oriented approach creates a welcoming and supportive atmosphere that many people find appealing.
Local Amenities and Services
The city has all the amenities and services you’d expect in a well-rounded community. You’ll find grocery stores, shopping centers, healthcare facilities, schools, updated and accessible parks, and other recreational areas like Shawnee Twin Lakes. Whether you’re raising a family, planning for retirement, or enjoying your golden years, Shawnee has everything you need to live a comfortable and fulfilling life.
Shawnee, OK, offers a prime location, affordable real estate options, a strong sense of community, and a wide array of services and amenities. It’s a place where you can truly have it all, whether you’re just starting your real estate journey or looking for a change of scenery.
If you’re interested in learning more about Shawnee’s real estate market, exploring available properties, or getting a feel for the community, feel free to reach out to me, Steve Reese, your local REALTOR®. I’m here to make your real estate experience engaging, informative, and hassle-free.
Make Shawnee your new home and experience the perfect blend of convenience and affordability. Join us in this charming city that’s close to everything you need!