Closing day is almost here! Yay!!
A title company will be closing your sale transaction on the agreed date at a time that best suits both you and the buyer.
Here are some things to expect between now and your closing:
In the days prior to closing, you will receive a settlement statement from the title company. I will examine it. You also review it carefully, and be sure to contact me with any questions.
Some things the title company escrow officer will need:
- Your lender’s name
- Lender’s contact info
- Loan number
- Power of Attorney documents, if applicable
- Your legal name, including Jr., Sr., III, etc.
You will need to bring to closing
- Driver’s license (or other legal photo identification
- Power of attorney letter, if applicable
- All remaining keys and garage door transmitter(s)
- Reading glasses, if you need them 🙂
- Just because we did our job, it doesn’t mean everyone else did. We have to be patient and flexible on the closing day in case of schedule changes and delays
- Blank or canceled check if you want the proceeds of the sale directly deposited into your account
- A cashier’s check for the amount of money you are required to bring to closing, if applicable
- Your forwarding address
And that’s it! Congratulations on a successful sale. Thank you for trusting me to sell your home.