Time for showings
Fabulous news! We have our first showing request!
Here are a few things to keep in mind before every showing:
- Have your home look just like it did for the photographs (ie. clean, all dishes put away, floors free of dog hair, etc)
- Put all toilet seat lids down
- Open all curtains/blinds
- Turn on all lights before you leave for a showing
- Hide all valuables such as jewelry, prescription meds, etc. or better yet, take them with you
- Hide all bills with your name on them as we want to protect your privacy
- Turn off alarm systems and lock all doors
- The buyer’s Realtor will use the lockbox key to enter/exit and is expected to turn off all lights and lock the door when she/he leaves
- Showings usually last 15–30 minutes, however in case buyers come early, we like to have you out 15 minutes before the showing is scheduled to start and stay out for at least 45 minutes in case the buyer is running late or the showing goes long (that’s a good thing and usually means they like your home!). Therefore, plan to be gone for 45 minutes to 1 hour for each showing
- Take pets with you unless they are friendly and mellow around strangers
- Once you have the Home PR Booklet, please leave it on your foyer or dining table for showings
- After the showing, the buyer’s Realtor will automatically receive an email asking for feedback. Generally only a small percentage fill them out. If they do, I will send you a copy of the feedback immediately
Take a look at my blog post, Showing feedback questions that get results.
If you have any questions, call me at (405) 585-6580 or email Steve@Soldonshawnee.com. Now let’s get your home sold!
<< STEP 9: Putting your listing on Zillow, Trulia, etc. >> STEP 11: The first week your home is on the market